In past years Marylhurst has hosted a “Spring into Service” program during the month of April. This year focused on smaller projects and on consistently offering our community the opportunity to participate in those projects. A few of the things we’ve done:
- We collected, along with the Sisters of the Holy Names, 3 carloads of “delicates” and bath items for women who have recently been rescued from trafficking.
- We collected over $250 in cash and gift cards for the agencies who support this women to use as needed.
- We hosted a blood drive in February and are preparing for a drive on April 2nd.
- During the height of the cold weather we collected over 80 pairs of gloves for the homeless in our local area.
- We’ve met with the good folks at the MacDonald Center in downtown Portland to explore how members of our community might be of assistance to their community.
- We are beginning a relationship with “Our Father’s House” a shelter in Oregon City. We plan to serve a monthly meal to the folks who come to the shelter and to make sandwiches once a month here on campus to be taken to the shelter for the homeless in need of a meal.
- Members of our community generously share with one-another through the student food pantry located in Marian Hall.
Blessings on you as you find ways to serve others,