Marylhurst’s first campus-wide service event, Spring into Service has come to a close. Thanks to all who participated! Please take a moment to complete the online survey to help improve future service events. Your input is greatly appreciated!
Survey (Please Complete by Friday, May 7th at 5pm) : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LWB97J5″>Click
Photo Force Exhibition. 130 attendees.
• Oregon Hunger Relief Task Force: alleviating hunger at its root. (Patti Whitney-Wise)
• Oregon Food Bank: feeding the hungry of Oregon. (Annie Herbert)
• 13 Departmental Auction Items brought in $1200 for OFB
• Month Long Food Drive brought in 15 baskets full of food to donate to OFB.
• Food for Fines and Display on Food Insecurity in the Library.
• Ecumenical Worship Service on Hunger : 25 attendees and a chance to reflect on the causes of hunger and pray for those facing food insecurity. 27 attendees. This event raised $60 for OFB
• $2.00 Tuesdays:
Poverty in US versus other countries. (Nancy Gibson) 5 attendees.
KIVA : providing micro loans to entrepreneurs in developing countries. (Melanie Booth) 22 attendees
• Earth Day talk on Vertical Farming: Building community through urban agriculture. (Linda Heidvogel) 32 attendees.
• Wednesday Walk-A-Thon: 28 attendees and $850 raised for OFB.
• MBA versus Undergrad Business OFB fundraiser: $150 raised for OFB
Spring into Service Participants: 300 +
Money raised for OFB: $3,260
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a comment »